View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
rjb767

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 0
Default No Mobile Service after leaving WIFI / UMA area

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've had a Blackberry Bold 9700 on Orange for about a month now (my first BB) and I've encountered a couple of minor problems.

Most of the time I'm at home and the phone connects via UMA using my home wifi. This is great because the mobile signal isn't good. When I leave home the phone switches to the mobile network, but I have now found on a number of occasions that it says 'no service' even though I know there is a good mobile signal in the area. When this happens the mobile signal will not work until I pull the battery and reboot the phone which rectifies it straight away. It's a real nuisance having to check if the mobile service is working every time I leave the house and having to keep rebooting the phone.

I am also concerned because the phone sometimes reboots on its own for no apparrent reason.

I called orange about this and was told that both issues are completely normal with Blackberry phones. I'm now wondering if this is correct or if I've been fobbed off. I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Regards,
Offline   Reply With Quote