View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Matt_Stevens
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Exclamation UPDATE as of February 23rd

Here is the latest...

Last wek Verizon sent me a truly crappy loner phone after they realized I was going to file a BBB complaint against them AND drop their service. Under NY law they violated their terms of service so I was not going to have to pay any sort of penalty. Basically, Verizon acted like a company should... It tried to help a customer out.

Meanwhile, my case with Asurion was pushed up with a much higher level and I ended up talking with someone who's job it is to solve serious problems. His name is Jason and he gave me his direct line, something that rarely happens these days. He promised me a "New" Blackberry Storm2 when it came in and offered to send me any other Blackberry of my choice if I so chose, rather than wait for the Storm2. Of course I was not interested in any other phone. The Storm2 was the very reason why I finally upgraded to a good phone.

Yesterday was over two weeks since this all started so I called Jason in order to explain I had lost patience and was going to file a BBB complaint, as that would be the only way to get Asurion's attention. Low and behold, before I could say anything Jason said he was stunned I had not received my phone yet and had assumed I had since he hadn't received a call from me in about a week (I didn't call because harassing them wouldn't make a difference). He checked their stock and saw they have some new Storm2's available and promised to Fed-Ex one to me for overnight delivery. He saw that because I had been charged the deductible two weeks prior, the system just didn't send me the phone because you are only supposed to be charged once a phone ships.

Anyway... Long story short, a very nervous sounding Jason promises that today, Wednesday thew 24th, I will have my phone. We shall see.

This morning I called Verizon to ask about how to return the loner and after 30 minutes or so the rep still didn't know what to do. She had to send an email to her manager and asked me to wait for someone to call me back. Somehow I think this'll be a mess.
Offline   Reply With Quote