View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paulie227

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Error Code 552

[quote=zimbu1234;1496453]I can't take it any more. This error is the bane of my existence. I mean really why does it happen after every app install? I can't take it any more.

zimbu, You are right the error code is frequent and seems to pop after a few application installs. And you are right, that poster's comment was condescending.

It never happened on my previous Curve (8530) but seems to be frequent on the 8900. A simple internet search brings up a lot of inquiries about how to solve this problem. A simple search on the BB website indicates they are aware of the problem and are "working" on it. I have had the error code come up 3x. The first time, I was able to reinstall the applications even though the DM was not recognizing my phone (apparently a singular miracle, which I have been unable to replicate). The 2nd time, after multiple tries of trying to get the DM to recognize my phone, I tried the BB website suggestion, which wiped out all of my apps. A restore did not bring back the majority of my apps. After painstakingly reloading them and going through the trouble of backuping up as well as going into my memory and making a copy of all the folders to my desktop, I loaded the very last app, and, yep, you guessed it.

I am now afraid to do a system restore because the applications do not reload since DM goes through you phone and lists what you have (well nothing at that point) (and if I'm missing something about saving my applications to a separate folder and reloading them one at a time or whatever - somebody please tell me - I do *not* work in IT) For the ones I saved, when I check the folders may of the apps to have have the .alx extension only the .cod extension and DM will not accept them as compatible with my device when I do a browse to reload them from my computer.

While I recognize some rogue app could cause a problem, wtf? I came across one solution that someone swore by but it didn't work for me.

Anybody come up with a solution that works every time? I had a lot of apps and it took hours to find them. Some of the games I have will not allow me but so many downloads. This is beyond frustrating
Offline   Reply With Quote