View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Post Thanks: 160
Default Palm Pixi Plus -- Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I have quietly been using a Palm Pixi Plus (stupid name I know) for about 3 weeks now...

It's a really nice little gadget.... Not sure if I will keep it at this point but I am leaning towards it...

Email works fine for me as I am on BIS with BB... My gmail polls every 30 minutes and I have had no issue with getting or sending my email...

The threaded SMS/Social networking is pure genius... For instance if I am talking to a person on gtalk and send that same person a text message it all stays on one screen and in thread format....

Even though the KB is slightly smaller that my Curve 2, I find that I have NO issues typing on it, even with my big fingers....

The new webOS 1.4 has def boosted the speed of the device... Before the update my Pixi lagged a bit, now since the OS update it screams.....

I also enjoy the cards (or whatever they are called).. I can keep several apps open at once and switch between them with a simple swipe of the screen...

Phone quality is actually better on this than on my BB which surprised me since many reviews have said the phone quality was only so-so.... I must have got lucky and received a killer device.....

The camera on it is just as bad as the camera on the Curve 2.....

The screen is pretty nice and bright and I have had no issues at all with screen touch / activating what I wanted it to do....

It's a pretty capable little device.... Scoots along and is really very snappy with the webOS 1.4 update....

My MAIN gripe is that stoooooooooooooooooooooooooopid screen lock... Just like my Fred (Droid) I can't stand it.... I can't stand it.... Did I say I can't stand it?

I should have the option to disable the stooooooooooooooooooopid thing but I don't....

Videos play nice and smooth on it, it connects to wi-fi just fine and BT works in my Audi A3.....

The battery cover is quite odd to say the least.... It's almost like you are disassembling the device just to get to the battery..... It has 8GB of memory and there is NO memory slot for expansion.... A slight bummer but not all that important to me....

Battery life is so-so... Nothing to jump up and down over and pretty similar to the BB Curve 2 battery life....

I also purchased the charging dock.... That little thing is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet......

Anyway, not sure if I will end up keeping it or not.... As of right now if I had to make a choice, I'd say it's a keeper.....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead : 03-21-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote