In order of priority I would say...
1. A Good PIM thats simple and covers all the data fields with matching fields for sync (outlook seems to have a different data structure and is too jumbled in its contacts records settings etc). We want something like the palm desktop. In fact an exact copy of that for the BB would be killer and i will buy it without batting an eyelid. It should have just one simple list of labeled fields for contact tel numbers and at least 8 numbers (a lot of offices have 4 board lines alone). And the labels must be a drop down list which the user can select thereby making any no of labels into work nos or home nos if he wants to.
2. Threaded SMS just like in the palm. Not that we are trying to fraternize palm here but that OS has some really common sense functions which are lacking in the BB. We want just ONE continuous thread. Oh god it was so easy on a palm. Now my inbox on the BB looks cluttered with mostly just messages from one or 2 people.
3. A good call recording software which can record the converstation between both parties. Apart from all the shady ideas people get and talking about laws that dont exist in so many countries, it can be really useful ion recording directions and landmarks that a persoin is reading out to you when driving, Tel numbers that you dont need to jot, even a complete rate quotation discusssion woiuld be really useful to review and it has sorted out so many misunderstandings in business discussions where the person says i said this and not that etc. The BB phone is sold internationally and irrelevant discussions of laws that apply to one or two countries shouldnt apply to a useful application like this. An app like this would get a lot of buys.
4. Quick switch on/off the gsm service (phone) without having to go thru a menu structure to do that ?
5. A simple PDF reader that can read from sd cards so that i can read some technical books/manuals on the move.
6. Battery percentage to be shown on the main screen or at least a fluid accurate level indicator instead of just showing 4 bars.
Last edited by plainman007 : 03-24-2010 at 12:54 AM.