View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dundy

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Default BB 9500 as a modem on Windows 7 x64

Please Login to Remove!

I have spent 3-4 days, trying to get my BlackBerry 9500 Storm work as a modem on my HP HDX 18 notebook using Windows 7 x64 bit:

I have installed most recent DM as of March 31, 2010. I saw that people were having problems using BT connection for tethering BB. So I disabled Bluetooth on the BB, removed the paired BT (BB) device from the PC. Just wanted to set up USB tethering mode. Now the Control Panel / Devices doesn’t show any exclamation mark. However, when I start DM, it doesn’t show IP modem option, this is what I see (might be called differently in English version):

BB Media Sync, Application Loader, Restore / Recovery, Transferring data from one BB to the other, Synchronization.

Should IP modem be shown as well? It doesn’t show for me. Communication is active via the USB cable, I can access files, update the phone, etc.

I even installed the USB / Modem drivers from RIM site.

I tried using manual tethering settings based on this site:
l0pht.com/dildog/bb-win-tether/index.html]Quick and Dirty Windows 7 Blackberry Tether

The most basic problem I face is that when I get to this point „You'll get a dialog that looks like this (this dialog doesn't have COM4, because i wrote this tutorial after installing the modem...)” xxx61663; this window that’s shown on the webpage I never get. When I click next, it just installs modem, and list of devices shows Standard 33600 bps modem with a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I cannot edit properties, and I cannot chose port. All this, even though Virtual Serial Ports are available shown in Step 2.

Any help would be very much appreciate, spent so many long hours trying to solve this but it's just not working.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote