View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dundy

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks for both of your answers!

This is not the case, I am using Vodafone Hungary and Vodafone customer service just confirmed that BlackBerry 9500 can be used as a modem, APN settings are correct as well. So it is not about the cellphone service.

I install the most recent Desktop Manager, but the IP modem doesn't show. And in the Devices list in Control Panel, there is no modem install. Then I install the USB Modem driver from RIM page. Then the 33600 bps modem appears in the list of devices (control panel) but there is the yellow excalamtion. It say's it cannot be loaded, code 31. I even edited the ip_modem_configuration.xml file and added Vodafone Hungary.

What could be causing this? Any more ideas?

Please keep on sharing your ideas with me and I'll try everything. I really would like to get this tethering/IP modem thing working.

Anyone can confirm the vendorID for Vodafone Hungary? I've found "148" but I am not suer if it's correct. Voda Hungary was not in the above mentioned XML file by default by the way.

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The IP Modem option doesn't show up until the first time you plug in the device. I think it has to check and see if it's allowed. I'm not sure just what the requisites are for it to show up. As TheRinger posted, I'd check with your carrier and see if it's allowed.
Offline   Reply With Quote