View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
b&o

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Viettel
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks, Ira

Yes, inserting the battery does not work. The phone does not turn on. No LED. No any sign of life. Plugging in the wall charger (with the battery in the phone) does not help. All I have to do is unplug the charger, remove the battery, plug in the charger for the LED turns on then insert the battery back. Now unplug the charger and the phone boots up. From now on the phone functions normally. I can turn it off then on again, charge the battery with the wall charger... Everything works normally until for some reason the battery being removed and inserted back.

The battery is fully charged and I've tried with 2 other batteries. The batteries and the phone is quite new so I think there's no issue with the contacts. BTW, I found 2 things:

1. The phone clock stopped at the time the battery was removed.
2. If the battery is inserted immediately after being removed (within 1 or 2 secs) then the phone boots up normally.

Someone told me it's the CMOS battery that caused the issue. I don't know but is there a so-called cmos battery for a BlackBerry Bold? Can it be dead and how do I replace it?

Do you have any idea? Thank you very much.

Last edited by b&o : 04-08-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote