View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #65 (permalink)
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon
Post Thanks: 3

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
to the die hard apple people, why does apple not give codes to open the device to install what i feel like on it?
It's called jailbreaking and it is very easy. There isn't anything out there app wise worth having that makes jailbreaking worthwhile IMHO, but you can still do it if you want to.

Quote:
the os is licended from apple, but i own the device why cant i dumb linux on it?
If you want Linux on a phone get an Android device. Best mobile Linux available.

Quote:
pls stay with apple fan boys apple will tell you what you can do / cant do, how and when.
Sorry, this is just a stupid and totally baseless comment. I CAN do everything that I WANT to do on my iPad and iPod Touch WHEN I want and HOW I want.

Here are some factual ways in which RIM won't let you do what you want to do, how or when. I WANTED a better browser for my BB and RIM said not available. I WANTED better memory management so that my calendar entries wouldn't get deleted. RIM didn't think that was a good idea. I WANTED more memory to install more apps and RIM said nah. I WANTED a bigger, higher resolution screen and RIM said no. I WANTED a higher quality camera and RIM said no. I WANTED better media management and RIM thought not. I WANTED better integration with Gmail and gCal. RIM wouldn't do it.
I wanted the iphone to live a day out with normal usage unfortunatly unless every where you go has an iphone charge the pos is not portable unless you wish not to make calls. I would write more but from the jailbreaking comment shows how ignorant you are
Offline   Reply With Quote