View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
micutu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 25894c18
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazz View Post
The problem with auto switching wap to wifi is that if the wifi you connect to is your corporate network, they tend to use web filtering and may basically block you from browsing anything from just a couple of sites to in some cases everything but corporate web pages. Not an issue everywhere, and not an issue for home users normally but I do agree it would be nice to be able to turn auto switching on or off if this was a problem instead of forcing us to do it manually.
I'm not tied to any corporation, I don't have a blackberry data plan so, there would be no reason for me to be limited to any specific sites when browsing. It's just something you have to get used to in order to browse something when you're on wi-fi and change that option when you browse on wap. (it doesn't even show me the WI-FI icon on top of the screen when I start the browser in wap mode) I just get annoyed when I want to show something on my BB to a friend, I connect to the wi-fi and when I start the browser it loads me the homepage of the wap. Close browser, go to options and so on... It's really annoying.

Last edited by micutu : 04-27-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote