| | Just escape from this condition
My BB9520 just escape from this condition... I am using Windows 7 too...
This was happened this morning while I was trying to upgrade the OS for my BB9520 using DM...
While the progress on stage "Erasing File Sytem" or "Writing File System", I am not too sure about this since I put DM on background so I continue my job, suddenly there is a pop-up appear saying Windows just finished installing the uprage and ask me to choose to restart now or restart later... So i choosed restart later...
But for my surprise, this damn Windows shut down all USB connection while my DM was still doing its job installing the file system...
DM displayed an error message saying connection to Blackberry device was disconnected..
My Blackberry screen turned black and only red LED blinking two times...
What I did was :
1. Restart the damn PC
2. Unplug the USB cable and remove the battery while waiting my PC to reboot.
3. Open the command prompt by Start - Run - then type CMD
4. Once the command prompt windows opened, just type :
CD \Program Files (X86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader
5. After the directory changed, then type:
6. Application Loader Wizard will be opened. Wait.
7. Put the battery back and plug in the USB cable.
8. Click NEXT at Application Loader Wizard.
9. You will see PIN: Unknown. This is normal. Just click NEXT and wait.
10. ALW will try to recognized the device and installed application. It will take almost 1 minutes and ALW seems like non responding. This is normal. Dont worry and dont terminate ALW. Just wait.
11. If everything is OK, you will see application list. Then you can take a breath.
12. Just proceed like installing new OS and everything should be fine.
Hope this helps.