View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
clintbeastwood

Model: TBD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Default Qustions about the BB and BB 9650

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I am a newbie who does not know that much about the BB, I mean I've held one a few times and explored it in the store a few times, but my knowledge is very limited in regards to it. I was wondering if some of you can please help me out.

I am considering purchasing the Blackberry 9650 from Sprint when it comes out (currently have an unlimited data plan). My issue is that I will be leaving for the summer to go overseas to Dubai, what capabilities will my BB have over there if I am not on a network? What will the Wifi allow me to do, will I be able to receive/send emails? Will the BBM feature work through WIFI for me? Can I browse the internet? I've read on some posts that a Data plan is needed, however the rep at the store said the BBM can work through the WIFI , however I am not sure if it will work when I am overseas and not on sprints network?

I know this is a global phone, however, I believe I will not be sprints services overseas. Can I just switch it to WIFI mode and still have functionallity?

Thanks in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote