View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
cap2587

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

wcr3d Thanks for the reply! This is a bug I never want to see again as it was nearly disastrous. There was contacts in the blackberry with email addresses and phone numbers. In Outlook there was some of the same email addresses, some new email addresses and no phone numbers. I figured that a two way sync would mean that both device and Outlook would have the same information by adding new information and keeping all the current stuff. Boy was I wrong and very lucky my friend had a back up of the blackberry. Is there a way of exporting the contacts from the blackberry so that they are safe if anything was to happen like this again. Could you export and import the contacts information from one device to the other. Would this work or would it also make duplicates of any doubles you have. Basically I am looking to get all of the same information in both device and Outlook without losing anything. I am assuming that Outlook format for contacts would be compatible with the blackberry format. Maybe your right when you say the phone numbers could have been in work 2 field. I think they were entered manually and not imported from another device. Any help, links, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Craig
Offline   Reply With Quote