View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 10

Well, installation went without a hiccup. I just followed all the prompts and accepted the defaults and it loaded my BB just fine. I did a Backup and was able to place that where I wanted. The only issue is Blue Tooth. I think this laptop doesn't have it. At least, it was not listed in Device Manager. But I had a simple dongle adding Blue Tooth to my desktop and I plugged that in and immediately got a verification that my Blue Tooth had installed correctly. I checked in Device manager and there it was, (with no red or yellow marks around it). But BB DM still won't recognize my 8310.

Two things I did prior to installation, one, I removed "content Protection" and "Disabled" my password. I will turn them back on soon as everything is set up right. the other thing is that I made sure that my BB Blue Tooth was "Discoverable for Two Minutes" and I kept renewing that to make sure my PC could "see" it.

I made sure the "Check Mark" was in place for "Enable Blue Tooth" in the "Connection Options". So I am not sure what to check next.