View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
cap2587

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks so much for your reply as it really explained alot. I made a silly mistake by not reading up more on how the syncing worked prior to performing a 2 way sync. I have a few more questions that hopefully you can answer. I should have definitely made sure the blackberry was set to win in a conflict with outlook as that had all the numbers in it. I know how to create the second contacts list in Outlook, however how do I tell the blackberry to sync it's contacts to this exact secondary contacts list and not into the main one? How do you delete the contacts list in the blackberry. Is that just done in the blackberry. Let me get straight what your telling me to do.

Back up the blackberry contacts list through the desktop manager. Back up the Outlook contacts. Perform a one way sync from blackberry to Outlook contacts list. Go through the new Outlook contacts list and make sure it has all the new information in it and it includes all of the blackberry numbers, email addresses etc.. Delete all of the blackberry contacts information. The go ahead and perform a one way sync from Outlook to blackberry. Once I do this then I can set the syncing back to a two-way sync. Should I set the BB or Outlook to win in a conflict - does it depend on which device has the most recent changes.

Looking forward to hearing back with some helpful info. Appreciate the help. Craig
Offline   Reply With Quote