View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Post Thanks: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Tour)

What OS were you running on the Droid. I have 2.1 rooted and its fast as hell. Gmail works better on the droid than any other hand held I have ever used. Ya the battery is so so.
I *think* it had 1.6 if I remember right... Gmail is integrated very well into Android... It's other IMAP's I had issue with

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
I got my daughter a Curve 2 last week as she got a job. She picked it over the Tour, Storm 2 and the other smart phones at Verizon. Her company (she got a job before she graduated from college) pays for the BlackBerry BIS service.

My 1/2 cent comment based on inflation.

Kris,
Have you looked at the app store via a Storm 2? Not as bad as I expected. i like my S2 but I learned to pull the battery every two weeks.
No, I have not tried a Storm 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidA View Post
Thanks LunkHead: your device comparison critique was well worth the read. A few weeks ago, my daughter asked my advice, on what device would best meet her needs. Yes, she surely loves hew new iPhone.
Wait till she can get OS 4 on it... It's beta now and only available to dev's but it should be out in the next few weeks for all.... OS4 is a BIG leap from OS 3

Last edited by LunkHead : 05-30-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote