View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Hey guys:

I apologize if I'm re-posting here, but I'm at a hotel with no free internet for my PC (ridiculous), so I wanted to post tonight with some likely answers by morning.

Currently rocking a Verizon Curve 8330. Eligible for upgrade on July 2nd,and am 99% sure I'm gonna get the Bold 9650. Can't wait to ditch the trackball, and the WiFi sounds like a great feature.

I've never owned a device with WiFi, nor have I seen/used a WiFi device. I was just curious as to what the overall WiFi setup is like for the various BlackBerry devices. Let's say I'm in an area with crappy service, and want to go WiFi. Pretty simple to toggle on/off? Once you enter the network key once, I'm guessing it saves that information for next time? How much faster is it? Do you find yourself using WiFi much, or is it a feature that you don't use much?

Also, has it been confirmed whether the 9650 (or any of the current devices for that matter) will be BlackBerry 6-ready? I'd hate to buy a device that was on the bubble, just missing the BlackBerry 6 cut.

Any other 8330 users out there that upgraded to the 9650 with any regrets?

Thanks for the insight, all.