Thread: iPhone 4
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
AliBBB

Model: 9700
PIN: 2223D3C3
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Let's be fair, you say they took a step forward with multitasking.... It only took them 4 generations to do so. BlackBerrys have been doing this before the original iPhone was released.

You make a good point, but with BlackBerry Messenger, you can BBM any BlackBerry, regardless of model (legacy or not), regardless or carrier, etc as well as over carrier network or WiFi. For the FaceTime app, you can only chat over WiFi (not carrier network) and only to other iPhone 4 users.
took them 4 generations to add multi tasking, but now it is there, this is the fact. we are talking about present. other smart phones do that since they started too (I came from palm pre and HTC touch) I meant now iphone can compete with these multi tasking phones.

I do not care much about video chatting, nor the BBM messenger too. my main concern is a good email client. and with the combined inbox in the new iphone (which also has been done by BB ages ago) it will satisfy the need of some user. with this feature, along with the ability to sort and organize your mail boxes way better than BB on BIS, the iphone will be a stronger email client. I am one of the user whose inbox became a total mess because I can not move messages from my phone, and can not sync organized folder, and can not access my sent messages from my device.

also to note about the competition, HTC EVO is now available, and it is in my opinion kills the iphone 4. android 2.1 now can sync with microsoft outlook. and they have application to view and edit microsoft documents. and android market is expanding hugely.
all that mentioned, I feel RIM does not care much about BIS users.
Offline   Reply With Quote