Thread: iPhone 4
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers
In regards to the AT&T data plan changes, if it is successful, I see other carriers following suit. However, we'll see how consumers take too it. Saving 5 dollars a month to get 40% of the data you were getting before doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I am sure most of AT&T's users don't go over 2 GB. But, I would imagine this change also goes for air cards. In that case, I could easily see users going over the 2GB limit.

While AT&T saves you 5 dollars a month and cut the data by 60%, Sprint raised their rates by 10 dollars for the EVO and made it truly unlimited with no cap (for 4G).
It's always seemed to me that market pressure is in the direction of unlimited/no hard cap, going all the way back to dial-up. But I really can only speak for myself. Unlimited is at the top of my priorities just on principle. It wouldn't be the make or break service feature when choosing a carrier, but it would be important enough to sway me. It was in large part the reason I chose T-Mobile back when I got a blackberry; that, and the very reasonable data plan cost. (And I've been happy ever since. I know T-Mobile gets hacked on, but they do good for me, and I travel a lot.)