When I first enabled the Contact Sync months ago (when I was using the 9550, I did notice that). After that incident, I delete the contacts I knew wrong in GMail and then restore the contacts on my BlackBerry from a backup, bringing me back before the incident happened.
Now we flash forward a some time,and I reactivate the Contact Sync with my 9650, and other then multiple duplicates and a few hours of displaced contacts, my sync got squared away correctly.
I was hoping RIM had fixed the bugs in the Contact but it does not appears I was very lucky when I turned on my contact the second time.
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.
Follow me on Twitter