View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
cowgirl05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 66
Default Bold 9650 voicemail notification?

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my new Bold for 4 days now, and am trying to explore it and get it set up the way I want. This is my first blackberry ever. First impressions, I like it a lot. My problem is, when someone leaves me voice mail, it doesn't play a tune, vibrate or anything. I've set up "alert songs" for SMS & email. Is voicemail level 1? I set one up for it too (not that I know what level one is.) The email plays the tune I picked, the SMS doesn't. It just does a little ping thingy. I've checked all the profiles, it's suppose to play nimble beats, nope just the ping thingy. So, maybe somewhere I can't find there is a place to change the ping thingy to a proper tune, which will play longer? And maybe in that place is somewhere to set an audible alert for voicemail?
It's a business phone, I can't believe there is not alert for voicemail. It accepts and plays voicemail, and shows a little tape icon on the screen, it just won't tell me. I'm on Sprint, and it's version is v.5.0.0.699 (Bundle 1186 Platform 4.2.0.318) not sure if you need that, but figured I should give it.
Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote