View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

jsconyers,

I was aware about the Facebook matter. 90% of my FB activity is uploading photos on the fly and the occasional thought of the day. However, I will definitely miss being able to receive and reply to comments. I have seen posts regarding possible tweaks to the FB app for the Android because it definitely is not as good as the one for Blackberry. I also read about Bloo. Because Android is open source I am hoping for a better work-around app in the near future that solves the problems until a better FB app build is released.

Regarding your Yahoo account. Check out an app called "K9" or "K9 mail". I have no experience with it, however I have seen a few Youtube videos and blog posts that claim it simulates the speed of push email technology. Obviously its pull, but this is what I am reading about it.

Fortunately for me, other than FB, I don't utilize some of the great aspects of Blackberry such as exceptions. I also have had a quite different experience with Motorola products. My previous Motorola slider was an awesome little phone. Believe it or not, my employer still provides pagers to employees and my Motorola "flex" pager is over 15 years old and still running strong.

What is drawing me to the Android X is the virtual real estate (4.3" screen), 1 Ghz processor, 8 megapixel camera, and plethora of apps that allow the user to customize the phone in many aspects. Other than basic phone calling, SMS/MMS, and email, my phone is a tool to combat boredom. The Storm has done that wonderfully but I am seeing more opportunity on the Android.

It is well known the Android screams past even the iPhone on its browser. However, I did hear from Salomondrin that Blackberry is planning to integrate a similar style kit browser into its arsenal that will perform as well.

Overall, I don't see the Blackberry chapter of my life closed if RIM develops a touch screen device with more landscape, a lighter and sleeker frame (the Storm is small but noticeably heavier than other BB's), a better camera, and faster browser.

I know I will miss Blackberry. But its always exciting to try new devices. Anyone else out there on a droid?

Verizon 9530
Offline   Reply With Quote