View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
lmcjipo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Wireless
Post Thanks: 0

Please Login to Remove!

tera_kristen,

On another side-note...

Here are a few more suggestions for the Blackberry version which I've already sent via the Kik's "suggestion" menu on my Blackberry... but maybe you can bring up these suggestions in your next meeting as well :

1) I like the way that Kik for the iPhone version implements the "identification" over that of the Blackberry Kik version. On the iPhone version (for those unaware), there is one field for the person to enter his/her identification information. On the Blackberry implementation of the "identification", Blackberry Kiksters have 2 fields (one for first name and one for last name). Having only 1 field allows me to let's say configure Kik to only have my username/alias or my complete name based on my choice. If users are also able to modify the KikContact entry, those Kiksters can then rename the username/alias/fullname depending on what they prefer their contact to show up as on their phone.

2) Have an option in the menu to "check for updates" (or have the program do this automatically). Unlike the iPhone's AppStore, the Blackberry App World is not very good at notifying users of when there is a more recent version of an application already installed on their device.

My Tech Blog
Offline   Reply With Quote