View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
ahstanford

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
My post was on topic. And it was straight to the point.
Your post did not contribute any solutions or related answers. Furthermore, it was pretty much a rephrasing of previous posts.

Quote:
I think you are the one who doesn't get it, or else you just want to engage in idle talk.

First, security isn't just about the hardware and the software. It's about you, too. And you, the generic you, are likely to be the security hole.
Great, if you'd just offer some real-world examples of that then we would be making progress.

Quote:
Second, you are asking how to improve the security of the device and all appearances are you don't know what it can do stock out of the box.
What is your point? Sure, I may not know of EVERY security feature that is on my phone. Feel free to enlighten me.

Quote:
Third, you are saying you are an ordinary consumer, right? Then the standard onboard security features offer you much more than you actually will ever need. Learn about it.
I'm trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
wow, time to get the popcorn. This could get interesting...
Pointless.

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

Make some for me too. I'd rather eat and let someone else answer the OP question on what is content protection. Or OP could look it up while we enjoy the snacks.
Pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
maybe this will get us back on topic with the security and all.
Pointless.

Quote:
Mmm. Good popcorn.
Pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I have to ask, why all the paranoia?
It's not as much paranois as it is principle. Call me crazy, but I value my privacy and intend to be aware of as many techniques to protect it as possible.

Quote:
Setting a password, and enabling Content Protection should be more then enough.

Those 2 block people from getting to your device unless you choose a simple password.
And Content protection will prevent people from physical removing the RAM and extracting information that.
Great info, thanks!

Quote:
You turn of discoverable mode, although that is like turning off the broadcast of wireless router it means nothing,
What is discoverable mode?

Quote:
require BT encryption,
Can you expand on that as well for me?

Quote:
turn on the device firewall.
I looked at the firewall, but honestly I can't understand what real-world protection it would offer.

Quote:
You can always get a BES solution.. for addition security.
Unfortunately I'm not on BES anymore, and I'm not too keen on the idea of paying for it.

Quote:
There is plenty of security features on the BB it depends how much you want to turn on, is it needed, and how hard you want to look to find out what options are available to..

Maybe you should sit back and read the IT Policy reference guide for BES.
Would said guide still be a worthwhile read even though I do not have BES? Might be a bit irrelevant.

Quote:
Of course it still begs the question...1. why do you need this much security..
I've explained that a few times already. I don't 'need' that much security per say. It's a matter of perspective. Some might say that everyone who desires privacy 'needs' as much security as possible.

Quote:
2. what do you have your device.
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking what device I have - Bold 9700 as noted in OP and my postbit.

Quote:
3. how much functionality do you want to lose.
Depends on each specific incident. In general, I'm willing to give up functionality for privacy.

Quote:
Then there's the guy walking through the sky club talking business so loud everyone can hear. And he's dumb enough to have the speaker phone on so both sides of the converation are heard, by everybody in a 30 foot radius. I bet his blackberry was on BES, with IT policy, etc, lot a good it does in that case.

A brain is the most important component in secuirty.

Can I have more popcorn? Mmmmm.
Just another repeat of the prior irrelevant nonsense.

I'm pretty sure vBulletin has an ignore function........ *heads off into User CP to alleviate the nonsense*

Last edited by ahstanford : 07-03-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote