View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stefan330

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Default Can't send sms to numbers with international notation

Please Login to Remove!

--- sending an sms works... but not with the international notation. Therefore I also cannot send a sms to other countries ---

I bought a 9550 in Indonesia (provider XL, prepaid with internet) and I'm using it now in The Netherlands via Vodafone, for the time being, without an internet subscription.

Current status info: v5.0.0.713 (Bundle 1206, Platform 4.2.0.323).

I installed (fresh after device wipe with BBsak): "9520AllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel834_PL4.2.0.220_A5.0.0.49 7_Vodafone_Netherlands"

Since the beginning of the gms era I use the international notation for all my phone numbers. But since I'm using the BB in the Netherlands via Vodafone I'm not able to send messages to numbers with the +31612345678 notation. When I use 0612345678 it works! So in fact... I can't send a sms messages to international numbers (so not only in the Netherlands with +31... but also not to Belgium +32 or to Indonesia with +62 etc...)

In the beginning some sms messages did not reach the recipient. But now all sms messages used with the +<int><tel> are not sent at all.

I have a new sim card, tried different software versions (also: "9550AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1020_PL4.2.0.275_A5.0.0.607" ) but no luck. Many accu pulls, resets, settings.... new software via BBsak... via Blackberry device manager... nothing changes.

I also tried a SIM card of someone else (Vodafone prepaid)... this gives the same effect.

The smart dialing settings does not change a thing.

Vodafone cannot help me. They have looked and initialized something. But for now I've to agree with them that it lookes like a software problem. The messages are probably not leaving the device at all. But how to test?

It was a risk to buy in Indonesia for a lot of things... but sending a sms should be standard and normal functionality. So I hope that someone knows what to do. And I can't image that this can be provider dependent.

Thanks for any help!

Stefan
Offline   Reply With Quote