View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
JS, you are an educated user. I wonder how many of the other users are? How many people will try and get something free? The real problem is that it is going to get worse.
The guy who developed that stupid flashlight app for the iPhone wasn't so stupid. That app was a) free and b) infringed on your privacy by grabbing all your email addresses off the phone and sent them back to the developer. The developer then sold all those email addresses to marketing firms. He made $1500 in the first day and it was downloaded over 4 million times. Do the math, that guy made a fortune. These developers use the acronym TANSTAAFL = There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. They make these apps free to get you to download it. They'll make more money this way then actually charging for the app itself. Ironically, some paid apps still infringe on your privacy just like the free ones (that's really a double whammy)!

I delete any app that won't work because it requires me to allow access to user data! Also, use your firewall!

As for viruses, well that's another story all together....

Last edited by Preroll : 08-12-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote