I'm considering switching to it, but I've been with my BB for almost 4 years now, and love so many things about it, wondering how the iPhone would stack up vs. a Bold 9700 let's say, which I assume will do things just like my current BB Pearl.
I'm in the office pretty much all the time, so don't need to type a lot of emails, which I know the keyboard on the BB would be better for. I'm mainly reading emails the occasional time when I'm away from desk and out of office. I won't need to have my work emails synchronized with Outlook at work either.
What about these things? How does the iPhone handle them?
1. Separate icons per email address on your desktop, so you can decide if you want to only check certain ones (I avoid reading my work emails after hours
2. Sync Outlook contacts and auto sync calendar upon receipt of email
3. Different commands for when in and out of holster, for each email address, and for different things (like for phone, text msg, etc.) You can set it up to vibrate x times for example when in holster when phone rings, but not to vibrate at all if out of it. Set which email address to flash the led, and which ones not to.
4. Silence ringer by pushing volume key easily
5. Backups easy
6. Voice dialing
7. MP3 as ringer. Different ringer per person.
8. Marking emails as opened. I really like this, because when I'm in the office, I occasionally mark all as opened, and then it's easy to spot the new ones if I leave the office and can read just those.
9. Call history per number
10. Multi task while on phone, like read and reply to texts, etc.
11. Autotext for typing words (wer gets changed to we're)