View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW
Post Thanks: 0

I think RIM had the business minded person in mind when they devoloped the Torch! Some can say its a Media phone as well, but I think its more of an Emergency Media phone. You Tube is so grainy, its almost no fun to watch after seeing the EVO or Galaxy S phones broadcast in HQ! The speakers are just way way to low, tiny to listen to any music! All I'm saying is RIM could have done better, maybe something similar to the Nokia E series, or just something more well thought out. More horsepower power under the hood would not hurt either, along with better build quality.

I'm a Gigantic fan of RIM, and have been using a Blackberry for a very long time, but for those that sit around that say RIM has to do nothing but put out devices like this to stay on top, YOUR WRONG! The device wars are at a high level, and RIM needs to up their Game.

As for using the Torch! I myself can get along, tried going back to my 9700, couldn't do it! Not for the fact of the Torch being a way better device, but because of the things I can do with the Torch, that can't be done with the Bold. Like the simple task of tapping on the screen, love that! And 6.0, I really like 6.0, and feel it will get better in no time. As a phone there almost equal, a very slight edge goes to the Bold, there is a metalic hollow sound when talking on the Torch sometimes, but other then that its fine, and that should maybe be fixed with an update. Hopefully RIM adresses any short coming with the Torch, and sticks around for a while! BBM is a part of my daily life, would hate to loose, or give that up...
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote