View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hardwaregeek
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Considering dumping the Torch

Please Login to Remove!

Well I have now had it for a couple of weeks and I am really annoyed and losing my patience with it. The newness has worn off and the problems are not going away. The biggest and most annoying issue is the damn LAG when coming out of locked mode. Takes anywhere from 5-15 secs. before the device becomes responsive and lets me do anything. I have removed most of the apps I had installed and it has not made any difference. This is a real deal breaker for me.

The other thing is the little things like when you reboot the phone the home screen changes back to the damn AT&T home screen and then I have to change it back to something I like again. That is just ridiculous if you ask me. There have been other things I have had a few random reboots/lockups and the slider is starting to feel pretty loose after only a couple of weeks use what is going to feel like in about a year. The phone is definitely a step in the right direction but it is not ready for prime time in my opinion needs more development on the software side to get the OS glitches fixed and the slider is going to be a big failure I fear.

I am seriously considering jumping the BB ship and going to a Samsung Captivate Android phone. I have had BB's for many years now and been pretty satisfied but now I am not happy and the Android phone seems to be far more customizable and development for it is on fire.
Offline   Reply With Quote