Power Management options are turned on for the USB Root Hubs on the computer.
Turn off the Power Management options by completing the following steps:
1. On the computer if running Microsoft Windows XP, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties. If running Microsoft Windows Vista right-click the Computer icon and select Properties, then skip to step 3.
2. In the Properties window, select the Hardware tab.
3. Select Device Manager.
4. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) to the left of the Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand them.
5. Right-click on USB Root Hub, and select Properties.
6. Select the Power Management tab.
7. Make sure all items are unchecked, including all items for each USB Root Hub that is listed.