View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
SugarMouth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Never left,
Each phone has a different design and will accommodate different needs.
If everyone only had access to one version then your choice would be limited. The original Motorola ďbagĒ phones had none of the features we see today. The primary offering from RIM is for business and the security it offers. Based on the trends, RIM is moving to the market demands for other features found in its competitors. The Other phones offer different levels from basic phone to full windows type use. The market does follow the trends it sees and thatís why RIM came out with the touch screen phones. The merging of all the various things these ( Iphone, Android, Blackberry) do may someday give us one device that will offer just about any option desired, maybe like current PCís but I doubt it.

This is only one opinion but Iím sure you will get others.
You know I hope 6.0 with the webkit browser improves the web experience. I tested my Vibrant to a BB9700 and loaded the same page on the same network, this was a disappointment. The browser took a very longtime to load and was missing information. To be fair, I have tested my Vibrant to other Androids and iPhones over the same wifi network and it loads pages faster than anything else except for my Cyanogen 6.0 Nexus One.

I am looking forward to the hard keyboard. I like being able to end a call by feel for example. On a touchscreen phone you have to look for the "end call" icon before ending a call.