I too had a 3-week flirtation with Android. Samsung Epic 4G. I came back less then an hour ago, calling Sprint and changing back to my Bold 9650. I plan a mini-review shortly. Meanwhile, here are some cool apps I was using in addition to a bunch others have already mentioned: Google Earth
- It was made for these larger screen devices. Google Sky Map
- Totally cool for identifying stars, planets, constellations, etc. DroidSat
- Like Skymap, but this shows positions and identifies all satellites. Yelp
- It's like Poynt but for Android. It adds the ability to review places and add photos when you visit. Barcode Scanner
- Good for links to apps folks post, plus it scans supermarket barcodes and provides pricing info. (review: http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...droid-xzA.aspx
) OI Shopping
- Closest thing to MaraTick I could find. Simple shopping list app. PureRSS 1.3
- RSS news reader like Viigo. More of a pain to set up, but it does auto-updates of all your channels and does a good job. Beautiful Live Weather
- Lets your home screen show moving clouds, rain, etc across the entire screen. Even clouds drift by when the forecast calls for it. Really looks great in conjunction with Giraffe Live Wallpaper (mentioned below).
I had a couple of Live Wallpapers I liked as well, including Giraffe and Galactic Core Free.