Thread: JL_Cmder
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #699 (permalink)
thelastrewind

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

I've read through this thread, and I can't believe how much there is to learn on these things.

I will try to keep this as short as possible...

I have a Bold 9000 that bricked on me. This has been a somewhat frequent problem that in the past I've been able to battery pull for a few hours and it would come back to life. Not this time. I had the battery icon with the red slash through it and two days worth of charging and battery pulling and putting in a known good battery from a different 9000 couldn't revive it. So I found JL_Cmder and was hopeful. I followed the steps in "How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?", but it never actually wiped the device, or if it did, it only took about 1 second. So I jumped over to the "What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe?" post. I'm running DM 6.0.0.11, and device software 4.6.0.304. I get down to the final step, where it says the loader should now connect to the device...but it doesn't connect. The loader does it's thing, loads JVM and when it goes to initialize the device, it can't reconnect to it. During the reboot at this point, the Blackberry progress bar shows up at the bottom of the screen, followed quickly by a new icon that I haven't seen anyone mention: icon is a battery oriented horizontally, with a red X going through the middle of it. At the bottom of the screen, the Blackberry progress bar is still moving across the screen until it gets about halfway, and then stops. A few minutes later I'll get the "can't connect" error.

If I disconnect and reboot now, the original battery with red slash icon comes back. If I leave it connected and soft reset it, it continues in this loop of Blackberry loading/progress bar/battery with red X.

Any help left in here for me?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Offline   Reply With Quote