I tried a number of things to stabilize my wifi connection, including a new router (which made no difference out of the box going from a LinkSys to D-Link).
I believe that changing the following solved the issue for me:
- set wireless from a/b/g/n to g-only
- set autoscan channels off, I used channel 5.
- reduced beacon frequency from 100 (default) to 50.
- set channel width from 20/40 Auto to 20.
- set SIP ALG off and SPI off (I have VoIP phones on the network).
I had tried a number of other things, including reserving and assigning static IP's, MAC Filtering, switching from WPA2 to WPA, changing encryption from TKIP/AES to TKIP only, etc., but I believe the 4 or 5 items I listed made the difference. Yes, I do realize the possible risk of turning SPI off but in my case, I believe it to be minimal.
Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.
BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist