Originally Posted by Dubdub
Not a good idea to use the carrier supplied address:
1. Totally unfiltered and if it gets out, you will get more SPAM than you want.
2. You can't take that address with you when and if you change carriers. Once the account is closed, good bye email address.
3. The only way to read email on that account is via the BB. There is no webmail option and in the event of a data outage (and they do occur) you are without email until it comes back up. And the chances of lost email increases.
Why do you say the device cannot use BIS? What error message are you getting? Perhaps the user has already set up one?
1. With the lack of BES I have accomplished this without SPAM. Don't ask me how, but this has been the case for me.
2. Who cares. I'll just create another one, it's just a temp address.
3. That's what it's for, getting email to the BB without forwarding their Exchange company email to Yahoo or Gmail and mixing it with their personal email. It's strictly to get company email to the phone. If there is an outage, I don't care, the user can get to their email through Outlook Anywhere or OWA.
Here's the error: