View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
icurschwartz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Upgrading From 9000 to 9800 - Thoughts

Please Login to Remove!

I have loved the looks of the Torch ever since it came out but I'm one of those people who doesn't like to get new phones right away because I don't have the patience to mess with all of the bugs that inevitably plague new phones. However, my Bold is starting to aggravate me because of various software and speaker issues after my old one broke and I got a refurb to replace it. As a result, I'm thinking about dumping it and upgrading to a Torch.

I've got a few questions that I'd like to get your impressions on though before I go ahead and make the jump:
  • Have the issues with laggy software improved? It seems like that was the number one complaint I read about on launch. Are you using a leaked OS or has ATT offered a stable release?
  • How do you like the keyboard once you use it for a while? The Bold 9000 has an amazing keyboard for a big guy like me and when I've toyed with the Torch at the store the keys seem a little smaller. Is that something you've adapted to?
  • How is the memory? That is one of the things that is frustrating me the most about the Bold, I don't have a lot of apps but I still have to do a restart once a day because my memory just goes down the tubes and the phone becomes unresponsive.

Any other impressions from former 9000 users would be appreciated!
Offline   Reply With Quote