View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Post Thanks: 11

The bad side of this OS:
complete waste of space. I cannot see more then a few hours in my calendar.
The list of emails is about the half items.
The same applies for the contacts, the half of the vertical space is used for the blank icons of the contacts - does rim think I have images for all my 1200 contacts - and, what information do these pictures give me ?
BBmaps cannot determine my location by cell tower location - only works with gps
BBmaps is slower compared to V5
Control panel now organised like Windows - you have to make 5 klicks instead of one to get where you want.
The Search function is ridiculous. It still is unable to find a street in my address book. Instead of searching where information is located nearest, it tries the web (search of street-names was not possible before, but when blackberry bragged about searching the complete device, I hoped that this would be included).

Scrolling in an email is painful. Instead of Scrolling a definite amout of lines, the screen jumps by moving the picture, which makes it hard to read while scrolling. Reading a book or a text is near to impossible. This "smooth" scroll behaviour is also present everywhere, which makes it hard to move the cursor to somewhere without several times of going up and down - I did not find an option to disable it.
I will try to lear to live with that, but, at the first look this is a possible reason to downgrade to V5.
Offline   Reply With Quote