11-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Admin & Founder
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo, On, Canada
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 105 Times in 25 Posts
| | Apple stealing RIM employees...
Please Login to Remove!
It has been discovered and confirmed that Cupertino, California-based Apple Inc. has poached at least five members of the Research In Motion enterprise sales staff in the past 18 months. The information comes from The Wall Street Journal, who discovered most of the details on social networking site for professionals LinkedIn.
This, of course, means that Apple is more serious about pushing the iPhone as an enterprise and business device. An Apple spokesperson has even proudly confirmed that the 5 individuals in question are now working for the company. However, the spokesperson did offer further explanation.
The employees in question are:
At least, we now know that theres something at Waterloo, Ontario-based Research In Motion [RIM] Inc. that Apple likes or wants. The employees.
- Paul Alvarez Former RIM Global Strategic Account Manager Now: Apple Enterprise iPad & iPhone Sales Representative for Canada.
- Joe Bartlett Former RIM Senior Global Sales Manage Now: Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad) Enterprise Sales Representative New England.
- Peter Decker Former RIM Global Account Manager Now: Apple iPhone Sales Representative Greater New York City Area.
- Steve Marshall Former RIM Global Strategic Account Manager Now: Apple iPhone Sales Representative Greater New York City Area.
- Geoff Perfect Former RIM Head of Strategic Sales Now: Apple Head of Enterprise iPhone Sales.
Source: Apple Reportedly Poaching Enterprise Sales Staff from Research In Motion