View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0

That would work...what I would also suggest is ask RIM for a temp SRP ID (depends on the level of support you have) and setup the BES4.0 server. Test all the features and then do an import of the users from the original BES to the new BES.
There's a lot of "stuff" I haven't mentioned here like-
-Do an export of the users to a *.txt file
-Export the CAL to a *.txt file (or simply create a txt file with the key)
-Create a txt file with the production SRP ID & Auth Key - easier to cut and paste
-Ensure the BES service account has the correct permissions on the new configuration database
-Ensure that the BES version of CDO.dll matches the Exchange server's
-Cleanup any high pending counts for users that may exist
-Set users' expectation of the availability of service during the migration - there will be a lot of synchronization activity because of the newer BES version
-Device OS - any 957s will have to be upgraded to v2.7a for compatability
-Some devices (5800 series, 6700 series) may experience very poor performance because of the system limitation - low memory <16MB
-Have RIM's support number close-by in the event you have to call to re-enable the BES service - too many restarts of the service prompts an automatic disconnection at RIM's end
Anyway...you get the idea...I'm sure I've left something out. There's lots of previous posts about this migration strategy. Good luck