View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
djwhiteee

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Post Thanks: 0
Default white glitchy screen goes on and off

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a blackberry bold 9700. I recently dropped it on a hard surface and when I picked up the handset, the screen was all white and glitchy. At the time I thought the screen had cracked and figured it would need to be replaced.

Nevertheless, I left the battery out all night, tried it as soon as I woke up, still white and glitchy. Then, as if by miracle my alarm went off, and the screen was back to normal.

About a week or so later, when using the handset, I noticed that if I squeezed one corner, the white glitchy screen would reappear, then when I let go, it would go back to normal. I realised I would need to be careful with it as it may have a loose connection of some sort.

I then dropped it again unfortunately, now the white screen is back, and no miracles have happened this time!

I did read a thread mentioning 4 solder points behind the screen shorting out the screen, and figured this could be my problem, however, when I took the handset apart, I couldn't find solder points. So this still may be the solution.

If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

David.
Offline   Reply With Quote