View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #78 (permalink)
YorkshireDave

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

There isn't yet a 'complete' package out there to do what I need. Having said that, much as I simply adore some of the features of my Torch it falls very very short when compared to Nokia for desktop phone management software and the iPhone for configureability and apps that appeal to small business users.

For me it's a case of so very near but yet so far that I cannot justify keeping it long term.

However, one may 'love' ones phone it is nothing more than a commodity and to signifficantly lag behind the market to the point where developers are concentrating their efforts on either iPhone or Android must surely send a clear message.

This could all change so easily IF (little word but BIG implications) RIM listened and responded to user feedback. When you try and feedback constructively and opportunisticly(?) and you get nothing back you simply stop trying and prepare to move on. RIMs loss.

RIM have a very dedicated user base but I feel they take them for granted big style. Subsequently I feel it will pan out to be massive opportunity completely mismanaged. Hey ho.

Last edited by YorkshireDave : 12-14-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote