View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
jerryng

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Digi
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Latest OS: 9300 6.0.0.1478/6.0.0.380 (English + East Asian)

There are two items which I think worth mentioning here...

1. Internet browser - You now have multi tabs and the screen automatically zoom depends on how long you press the track pad. And the words will all fit into the screen without me scrolling to the left and right to read.

2. GPS - In the OS5, the GPS navigation is much easier to use in terms of looking for directions and finding a location. I find the one on the OS6 needs very detailed terms to locate a location. I think this would be okay once I gotten used to it. But one of my biggest gripes on this would be the locking of location once the navigation started. In the OS5, after you have gotten directions of a location, you just simply select Start Navigation and it will automatically starts the navigation and will lock your present location in the middle of the screen and when you Pan or Zoom, you simply hit the Escape button and you are back to your present location. With OS6, you need to Zoom and Pan to get to your present location or you can simply hit My Location and you are there, but with the Zoom all messed up. I am frequent GPS user and I find it strange that the present location can't be locked. I have browse through Crackberry and there was a solution, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe I am using it all wrong... Can somebody enlighten me. Previously I was using a Touch 3G with Garmin loaded, so I was pretty spoiled back then :D

This is my feedback on the OS6. Hope it helps!

nb. Yeah, and I am left with 50MB of free space too... LOL!
Offline   Reply With Quote