View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
tsac
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Post Thanks: 95
Default Re: Need Desperate help with New Bold 9700

Merry Christmas
Welcome to the Forums.

Trying to sort out the issues. First it seems like you do not have service in the area your trying or the BB is possibly defective. Do you know if any phone will work in your area on T-Mobile or ATT? If they will, then you can try a simple test to see if the phone is the problem. Just see if the phone will find a network. Donít expect full data use. Put the SIM for T-mobile in another phone and if it works the next thing is the OS on the BB. You could try downloading the OS for the BB and replacing it. If there is any corruption that will clear it out. Last is the BB may be defective. My other thought is to be a bit suspicious of the seller. You cannot ďre-unlockĒ a blackberry. It is either locked or unlocked. If someone attempted to unlock the BB and made a few input errors and exceeded the limit then the phone cannot be unlocked regardless of what is entered. If all fails or you donít want to play with the OS, I would try to return the phone.

As for the phone being unlocked, follow these instructions to find out
How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"?
To determine if your BlackBerry is "unlocked" for use on carriers other than for which it is branded:
1. On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.
2. At that screen type MEPD (see note below) on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.
3. Look for Network in the list.
4. If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.

Z10 on BES
Z10 on BIS
Offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tsac For This Useful Post:
tk1194 (12-27-2010)