Originally Posted by tsac
Welcome to the Forums.
INFO on the RIM site
Input system error. System is being restarted.
• BlackBerry® 9000 series smartphone
• BlackBerry® Device Software 220.127.116.11
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
1. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software. For instructions, see KB12487.
2. Perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software. For instructions, see KB11320.
3. Restore the backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339.
Performing a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software causes all third-party applications to be removed from the BlackBerry smartphone. You must manually reinstall all third-party applications.
The link to RIM info on the subject KB18383-Unable to use the spelling checker on the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone
hmm weird i tried that, but the problem still exists even after the clean install and the wipe with bbask.