View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 5
Default Re: RIM's BlackBerry hits a technical crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Don't assume too much.

They = some industry publication referring to statements by an analyst. Even the publication uses the word "might". And RIM hasn't commented...or if they have by now, I haven't seen it.
Yeah put people listen to 'them' which means anything 'they' say changes the minds of the general people.

I know for a fact that battery life is something that is worked on but never finalized until near the end of the device rollout.

The issue for RIM is they're more like a sleeping bear. Everyone talks down about losing market share, having underpowered hardware and not showing competitiveness.

Mix that with Lazaridis and Balsillie and their track record of providing useful commentary or interviews, and you've got tons of people who see the fate of RIM equal to what happened to Nortel.

The aim for battery life is a typical 8-10 hour day. If they dont follow through on the full day battery and around $500 starting price, then it will be another "RIM fails to impress again" story.

Wait and see. RIM isn't saying anything, and it's really all just speculation.

In short, yes I agree with you