View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
albertotorresr.1

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro DR
Post Thanks: 0
Default Bold 9000 Screen Issues

Please Login to Remove!

My phone has a problem in which as soon as I bring the phone out of being locked the contrast begins goes up and up to the point where everything on the screen is whitewashed (reds are pink, blues are light blue, black is grey, etc.) It takes a few minute for it to get really high to the point where it's distracting, but only about 4-5 minutes of having the backlight on does it...

I've tried lowering the backlight brightness from 100 to 10, but setting it anywhere below 100 I begin seeing scan lines like on an old CRT monitor, another issue. I saw my trackball LED flickering (another issue I assume is part of the same problem, maybe not) so I assumed it was a battery issue and swapped with a friend that has a 9700, no go; issue persisted. I updated from 4.6 to 5.0, issue persisted. I took it apart, reseated the LCD ribbon, issue persisted. I'm about to buy a new screen for this phone (002/004) but wanted to see if anyone has heard of 9000s having this problem. Thanks in advance guys, this is driving me crazy.

P.S. - No moisture damage, a few bumps and bruises. Nothing over about a foot and a half without a case but nothing HARSH even with one.

Last edited by albertotorresr.1 : 01-06-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote