View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Leaked 9700 OS 6.0.0.424

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Seems to me that RIM could easily have addressed all of the issues plaguing OS6 on the 9700, to at least get it to where the 9780 is. Also seems to me that the issues are there by design in some way - to increase sales of the 9780 now. Those of us who love the 9700 with OS6 but aren't willing to wait it out, have purchased a 9780...and I believe this is what RIM is/was counting on. How could they release an official OS6 for the 9700 that's so badly hindered by bad code, on a device that is almost identical to one that while isn't perfect, has far less inadequacies?
Maybe true but I think it's a flawed thought. I, for one, won't pay for what I think is a minor upgrade to the 9780 especially when I paid good money not that long ago for the 9700.

If (when) it comes time to make the change it will probably be to an Android handset and I think there's more like me thinking that way.

The reason I still live with my BB is I really don't have the need for anything beyond push email and decent SMS. The BB "just does it well".

Dealing with the browser, even with OS6, is just too painfull. In my opinion...

I've been a BB user now for 6 years.
Offline   Reply With Quote