View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
NickRamsey

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Post Thanks: 1
Default Multiple mailboxes on Curve 3G 9300

Please Login to Remove!

Firstly, sorry for the length of this post and the number of questions!

I have read a number of threads about multiple mailboxes and how to merge, demerge etc. I don't have the menu options for merging mail into one folder and I don't have a full understanding of what is happening on my device.

So, for a newbie to Blackberry, can someone give me the lowdown?

Here is my setup:

I have a 9300 with t-mobile UK. I have a Blackberry plan but it's not clear whether it allows BES or only BIS.

I run Small Business Server and downloaded and installed BES Express. The admin app shows 150+ emails sent, so it must be doing something, but I'm not sure they are reaching the device.

I synched the device with my laptop to get all contacts and calendar info across.

At some point in all this, I got an extra messages inbox appear on the device (called Desktop). It has a complete copy of my Outlook inbox. Currently it is not updating with new email.

I also tried setting up a BIS mailbox. I wasn't sure if BES was working and how the Desktop mailbox got created. With it not updating, and not being sure if mail had come via the synch using Desktop Software, I wanted to get wireless updates. So I set up a POP BIS connection. Fine, but everything on my laptop became marked as read even if it hadn't been read on the device, because POP had pulled a copy and marked it.
So I killed that and set up an OWA account instead. This is working just fine. All new mail comes to the device, and if I reply, that goes to my Outlook sent items. If I delete items they move to Deleted in Outlook. That's all great.

What I don't understand is:
What the Desktop folder that is no longer updating, belongs to - how does it get created? Why doesn't it update?

Whether I can hide the icon for the Desktop mailbox (I've read you can on some devices but I can't see it on my 9300).

I would like to use BES obviously, but if it worked and isn't any more I don't know why.
If it isn't going to work and if Desktop is actually the BES inbox then two questions: why would it have stopped, and how do I hide the icon on a 9300.

Thanks for anyone who is prepared to wade through this and explain how it all works!
Offline   Reply With Quote