View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Post Thanks: 0
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
"This just goes to show what a pitiful website RIMarkable is. Call yourself a weblog - a weblog is an unbiased entity for review - this is just scare mongering and is the type of rubbish that makes users come running to admins all day long going 'what's going to happen to my BlackBerry'. NOTHING - we all know RIM will not be shutdown in the US or anywhere else so lets stop mucking about with it and get on with the job. Anyone would think this was a website owned and run by Good or Visto."
Oh come on ... I chuckled when I read that. You have to remeber that it was, most likely, written by BlackBerry users trying to poke fun at the situation. The joke was much closer to something that would be read on David Letterman's Top Ten List than any sort of meaningful commentary.

What bothered me more was the headline which gave credit to a PinStack.com writer for working out the procedure for installing cross-carrier BlackBerry OS':
Quote:
Hayden James from Pinstack.com has figured out a way to install BlackBerry OS 4.1 on 71xx series and 72xx series BlackBerry devices.
The development and testing of that procedure was a colaborative effort involving many different members of this and other forum communities. (although, to be fair, Mr. James did not try to take credit ... he simply reported the procedure)

Last edited by markhutchison : 02-03-2006 at 01:03 PM.