View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Calebrity
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin mobile
Post Thanks: 6
Default Re: 6.0.0.448 leaked for 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard S. View Post
You seem really happy with OS6. I guess what's stopping me is I'm worried some of the 3rd party apps I use and need won't work. Question: would I need to wipe my phone first (really not excited about doing that), or can I upgrade like I have for previous OS5 upgrades which is deleting vendor.xml file and running loader.exe?
Hi Howard I am extremely happy with the OS 6, as have been mentioned you can do the upgrade feature as you have mentioned and John Clark have outlined. But for the first load of the OS6 on your 9700 I would advise doing a full back up with DTM and then after doing that close the DTM then run the loader.exe, make sure it wipes the whole device and then restore your back up file after with DTM.

As John Clark has mentioned, and I will agree 100% anything you have downloaded, 3rd party apps themes or anything like that. uncheck it in the application selection screen.

If you are feeling really ambitious before you run the Loader.exe file use a program such as BB Boss V1.1 to shrink the OS of the programs you dont need or will never use. it will give you more space and allot for a smoother operating system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calebrity For This Useful Post:
Howard S. (01-25-2011)